Spicy mushroom and peas preparation in cashewnut gravy
2 cups mushrooms, halved
1/2 cup green peas
1 crushed green cardamom
1/2 inch cinnamon piece
1 whole dry red chilli
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 large onion
1 garlic clove
1 inch ginger piece
1/2 cup tomato puree
1/4 teaspoon garam masala
1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon coriander powder
1/2 teaspoon kasoori methi (dry fenugreek leaves)
1/2 cup cashewnut (soaked in water)
2 tablespoon oil
Salt to taste
Chopped fresh coriander leaves for garnishing
1. Blanch mushrooms and peas.
2. Grind onion, garlic and ginger to a paste, using little water, if required.
3. Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds, cinnamon, cloves, whole red chilli, kasoori methi and allow it to crackle.
4. Now add the onion paste and fry until oil separates.
5. Add tomato puree and again fry until oil separates.
6. Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, coriander powder and mix well.
7. Make a smooth paste of the soaked cashewnuts.
8. Add the diced mushrooms, peas and the cashewnut paste.
9. Mix well, add some water and salt.
10. Cover and cook over medium heat until the peas are tender.
11. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Cooking time: 35-40 minutes