Famous North Indian specialty made with cottage cheese and green peas in tomato and onion gravy
1 cup (200 gm) paneer (cottage cheese)
1 cup boiled green peas
1 onion paste
1 cup tomato paste or puree
2 bay leaves
1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
1 teaspoon coriander powder
1/4teaspoon kasoori methi powder (dry fenugreek leaves)
1 teaspoon garam masala powder
5-6 tablespoon oil
Green coriander leaves for garnishing
Salt to taste
1. Heat oil in a pan (kadhai) and fry paneer (cut into small cubes) over medium heat until light golden brown.
2. Remove from oil and keep aside.
3. Heat remaining oil in a pan, fry bay leaves and cumin seeds for a few seconds. Add ginger-garlic paste and fry on medium heat for a minute.
4. Add onion paste and fry until golden brown.
5. Now add tomato paste or puree and fry until oil separates from the mixture.
6. Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala, kasoori methi powder and fry for 2 minutes.
7. Add green peas and fry for 2-3 minutes. Add just enough water to make thick gravy. Bring the gravy to boil.
8. Add paneer pieces, salt, stir well and let it simmer for 5-8 minutes.
9. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Cooking time: 25-30 minutes