• 2 cups – Maida
• 1/2 cup – oil
• 1 tsp – black pepper (coarsely ground)
• 1 tsp – ajwain
• salt to taste
- Mix the maida, salt, black pepper and ajwain.
- Add 1/2 cup oil and bind the ingredients into a tough dough using some water.
- Break the dough into small balls.
- Roll the balls into thick circular discs and dent them with the tip of a knife or fork.
- Roll them out into the shape of matthis.
- Deep-fry 3-4 matthis at a time on slow fire until light brown.
- The matthis will turn crisp on cooling.
- Store in a jar.
Recipe courtesy of Nitika