Khoya Barfi is traditional sweet dish of north India that is made from khoya and other fry fruits. Mawa barfi is very tasty and easy to melt in mouth. For Diwali, you can make khoya barfi and home, it’s very simple and easy recipe. Try out this khoya barfi recipe.
– 1 kilo khoya (mawa)
– 250 gram sugar
– 50 gram blanched and sliced pistachio nuts
– 100 gram peeled melon seeds
– 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
– A few drops essence of kewda
– Silver foil
How To Cook?
1. Mix together khoya and sugar and keep it in a heavy-bottomed pan.
2. Stir over a SLOW re till all the moisture is absorbed and the mixture turns very thick.
3. Mix in the nuts, cardamom powder and essence and remove it from fire.
4. Put in a greased thali.
5. Cool thoroughly, cover with foil and cut into small pieces.
6. Store in airtight container.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
Servings: 3 Persons