• 1/2 kg – minced Meat (lamb)
• 2 tbsp – Garlic – Ginger paste
• 3 – Green chillies (finely chopped)
• 1 tsp – whole spices (powder)
• Garam Masala
• 2 tbsp – gram flour (besan)
• 1 tsp – coriander powder
• 1 tsp – Red Chilli
• Salt to taste
• 4 tbsp – oil for frying
- Wash the minced meat. Put in a strainer and gently press to drain out all the water. (If not, then the balls will not bind well and tend to break while cooking.)
- Put the mince in a bowl. Add all the ingredients. Mix and knead well.
- Take a pressure pan. Oil its bottom well.
- Take a heaped tbsp of mince in the palm of your hand and bind the mince tightly into balls, squeezing out any excess liquid. Make balls a little big as mince tends to shrink after cooking.
- Add a glassful of water to the oiled pan. Let the water boil well.
- In the boiling water place the balls lightly. After all the balls are put in, let them cook on high flame for 1 min. Lower the gas to simmer and cook the balls. Cover the pan.
- When the balls are cooked and all the liquid dries up. Pour the oil and fry the balls till golden brown.
Recipe courtesy of Ritu Desai