• 500 gm – Mutton
• 600 gm – Potatoes
• 115 gm – Onions
• Pepper Corns – a few
• Salt to taste
• 30 gm – Butter
• 500 ml – stock
- Wash and cut meat.
- Peel and slice onions, peel and cut potatoes into thin slices.
- Put the onions, meat, seasoning and potatoes in a casserole in layers, ending with a thick layer of potatoes.
- Add stock and cover with a greased paper.
- Cook in a moderate oven for at least 2 to 2.30 hours.
- Remove paper, half an hr before removing from the oven.
- Dot with butter and let the potatoes brown and serve hot in small bowls.
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Abraham from nizam city Hyderabad