• 5 cups – diced bread
• 3 cups – warm Milk
• 1/4 tsp – salt
• 3 – eggs
• 1/2 cup – Sugar
• 1 tsp – vanilla essence
• 1/4 cup – Raisins
• 6 tbsp – Sugar
- Soak the bread in the milk till it becomes soggy. Add salt.
- Beat the egg yolks adding vanilla essence and sugar. Add the raisins to the bread and mix.
- Pour into a greased dish and bake in a moderate oven till done.
- For meringue:
- Beat egg whites till it stands in peaks.
- Add 6 tbsp sugar and 1/2 tsp vanilla essence.
- Beat till sugar melts.
- Remove the pudding from the oven and cover with meringue.
- Return the pudding to the oven and cook till the meringue is set and brown.
Recipe courtesy of Hootokshi