• 200 g – button mushroom, sliced
• 1 cup – onion, chopped
• 1 tbsp – garlic, chopped
• 2 tsp – ginger, chopped
• 1 tsp – chili powder
• Â½ tsp – Turmeric powder
• Â½ cup – Methi leaves, chopped
• Â½ tsp – Garam Masala
• Lime juice to taste
• 2 tbsp – oil
• salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a kadai. Add onion, garlic and ginger. Fry till onion is golden brown.
- Add chili and turmeric powder and methi leaves. Fry well.
- Add mushroom and salt. Leave covered on low flame till mushroom is cooked.
- Remove the cover and increase the heat. Cook, stirring constantly, till the liquid from mushroom is absorbed.
- Serve hot, sprinkled with garam masala and limejuice.
- Goes well with dal and roti. Can even be used as a sandwich filling.
Recipe courtesy of Chandra Bhat