• 1 bunch – Methi leaves.
• 1 small bunch – Cilantro leaves
• 3 to 4 – Chillies minced
• 1 tbsp -Red Chilli powder
• 1/4 tbsp – Haldi powder
• 1 cup – Wheat Flour
• 1.5 cup – Besan
• 1/4 tbsp – Cooking Soda
• 2-3 tbsp – Curd .(you can add more if you want)
• 1/2 tbsp – Sugar
• 1 tbsp – Lemon Juice
• Salt to taste
- Wash and clean the methi and cilantro leaves. Chop them.
- In a bowl, add the cut leaves and all the above ingredients except the soda. Make a batter.
- See to it that the batter should be the one like you make vadas , it should not be thin otherwise you won’t be able to fry the pakoras.
- You can add a little water to make it thin.
- You can add 1.5 tbsp of oil in the batter and mix the soda and stir it very well.
- Put oil in a kadai and make small balls with hand just the way you fry any pakoras and fry it till crispy brown.
- Serve hot with cilantro chutney.
Recipe courtesy of Sejal