• 1 cup – chopped Methi leaves
• 1/2 cup – Toor Dal
• 1/2 cup – Channa dal
• 1/3 cup – fresh grated Coconuts
• 6-8 – Red Chillies or as per taste
• Salt as per taste
• 1 tsp – Cumin seeds
• 1 pinch – Asafoetida
• 1/4 cup – oil, for frying
- Soak the dals for about an hour.
- Grind them with the rest of the ingredients taking care to add only a little water ( 1/4 cup).
- Ground mix should be of idli batter consistency.
- Cook the contents in a pressure cooker.
- Fry them in oil on low flame for about 20-30 min till the contents are dry to touch.
- You can try it as a side dish with rice/sambhar or with rice and ghee.
Recipe courtesy of Sahana Balachandir