Fried and puffed flour puri with fenugreek leaves and spices
1 1/2 cup of whole meal (wheat) flour
1/2 cup gram flour (besan)
1 1/2 cup washed, finely chopped methi (fenugreek leaves)
2 tablespoon oil
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
Salt to taste
Water for kneading
Oil for deep frying
1. Sieve wheat flour, gram flour and salt together. Mix red chilli powder, methi and oil well using your hands.
2. Add little water at a time and knead to make a stiff to medium dough. Cover with a muslin cloth and keep for 10 minutes.
3. Divide into small balls of equal portions. Roll out each ball into small round puris.
4. Heat oil in a wok (kadahi) and fry puri one by one until puffed and light golden brown. (Gently pressing the center of the puri down in the oil, helps the puri to puff up)
5. Remove and drain on absorbent paper.