• 3- Karela (Chinese or Indian variety)
• 1 tsp – salt
• 1/2 tsp – Red Chilli powder
• 1 tsp – oil (optional)
- Cut karela into thin rounds (as thin as possible but not necessarily too thin).
- Mix with salt and red chilli powder and leave aside for 20 mins.
- Spread the karela rounds on a microwavable plate neatly in layers (2-3 layers) and microwave for 10-15 mins (depending on the microwave).
- In between take the plate out and reshuffle the karelas so that they crisp uniformly.
- Crispy karela chips are ready within 15 mins and it goes well with rice and rasam, curd rice etc.
Recipe courtesy of Meena Aithala