• 1/2 cup- rava (cream of wheat)
• 1/2 cup- Sugar
• 2.5 cups- boiling hot water
• 6 tbsp- unsalted Butter
• 1/3 cup- Raisins
• 1/3 cup- Cashew nut pieces, roasted in Butter and set aside
• 1.25 tsp- Saffron
• 5- Cardamoms (opened and powdered)
- Combine boiling water with the sugar in a bowl. Add the cardamom and saffron. Set aside.
- Put the butter into a clear glass microwavable bowl. Microwave on high for a minute or until the butter melts.
- Add the rava to the butter. Mix well, and microwave on high for about two minutes or until the rava begins to foam.
- Stir in the sugar syrup mixture and add the raisins into the rava. Cover tightly with saran wrap and cook on high for about three minutes or until it starts to look a bit solid.
- Remove the saran wrap (be careful, the steam can scald). Cook for another minute or until the extra moisture evaporates.
- Remove from oven. Stir in the roasted cashew pieces.
Recipe courtesy of Suchitra Ram