• 3 cups – hot Chicken broth
• 1/2 tsp – salt
• 1 pinch – ground white or black pepper
• 2 tbsp – Butter
• 2 tbsp – Olive oil
• 1/2 cup – minced yellow Onion
• 1 cup – uncooked medium grain white Rice
• 1/4 cup – freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Combine the chicken broth, salt and pepper in a saucepan, and bring to a simmer. Keep warm over low heat.
- In a square baking dish, or glass pie plate, heat the butter and olive oil in the microwave for 2 mins.
- Add the onion to the dish, and stir to coat. Cook in the microwave for 4 more mins.
- Add the uncooked rice, and stir to coat with oil. Cook for another 4 mins.
- Pour the simmering chicken broth into the rice, and stir. Cook in the microwave for 9 mins.
- Stir, then microwave for another 9 mins.
- If you want a creamier risotto, add 1/4 cup of warm water, and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese as soon as it comes out of the microwave and serve.