• 6 slices – large sized sandwiches bread
• 1 cup – Milk
• 2 tbsp – grated cheese
• Butter to spread on slices
• 1 – Cucumber thinly sliced
• Fresh ground black pepper
- Hold 3 slices at a time and cut diagonally to get six triangles.
- Keep each set of 3 separate so they fit one on the other exactly.
- Take the milk in a saucer. Use a cutting board to make the sandwich.
- Apply butter to the bread, dip in milk of 2-3 seconds. Place on the board. Spread some cheese. Sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Apply butter to next slice, dip and place on first. Place cucumber slices on it. Sprinkle salt and pepper as before.
- Apply butter to third slice. Dip and place on second.
- Apply a dot of butter on top. Lift with a spatula and place on a warmed griddle.
- Toast the surfaces and sides till brown, turning to toast all over. Repeat for remaining sandwiches.
- If griddle is large many can be done at a time. Serve hot with French fries, ketchup and decorated with thin cabbage strips.
Recipe courtesy of Saroj Kering