• Mixed vegetables and fruits (Pumpkin, Sweet potato, Carrot, Apple, Dates) – 2 cups
• Sugar – as needed
• Cardamom – 3 crushed
• Roasted cashews – 10
• Milk – 1 to 1.5 cups
• Ghee – 3 tbsp
• Saffron – a few strands
- Peel the skin of pumpkin (pooshanikai), sweet potato, apple and carrot. Grate and set aside.
- Chop dates (about 4) into small pieces.
- Heat 1 tbsp ghee in a pan. Roast Cashews and set aside.
- In the same pan, add grated vegetables and fruits. Fry for 5 minutes.
- Add milk, saffron, crushed cardamom and cook till the milk is absorbed and the mixture turns soft.
- Add some more milk if the mixture turns out dry and needs to be cooked for some more time.
- Add sugar and some more ghee and simmer for 10 min.
- Garnish with roasted cashews and serve warm.
- Recipe Courtesy: Indian Vegetarian Kitchen