• 2/3 cup – powdered Sugar
• 200 g – unsalted Butter
• 1 – Egg (optional)
• 2 tbsps – instant coffee
• 1 cup – boiling water
• 1.5 cups – shelled Walnuts
• 1/2 kg – marie biscuits
• whipped Cream
- Beat powdered sugar with unsalted butter, egg, sifted cocoa till the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Dissolve the instant coffee in 1 cup boiling water. Chop the shelled walnuts.
- Line a loaf tin with a plastic sheet.
- Dip Marie biscuits into the hot coffee till just soft.
- Be careful that they do not get soggy.
- Arrange biscuits at the bottom of the tin.
- Spread a thin layer of butter mixture.
- Sprinkle chopped walnuts on top.
- Repeat the layers, ending with the biscuits. Chill.
- To serve, turn out and slice thinly. Serve with whipped cream.