• 1 cup – yellow moong dal(soaked in water for 2 hours)
• 1 tbsp- Rice (soaked with dal)
• 2 Green chillies finely chopped
• salt to taste
• oil to deep-fry
- Prepare plain kadhi, but do not garnish with coriander.
- Wash soaked dal and rice, drain.
- Grind to a fine paste with minimal water.
- Put oil to heat in a frying pan.
- Mix salt and chillies into batter.
- Beat very well to incorporate air.
- Deep-fry small marble sized dumplings, in hot oil.
- Fry to a golden brown, drain keep aside.
- Repeat for all batter.
- 10 mins before serving, add pakodis and coriander to kadhi.
- Simmer further for 3-4 mins.
- Serve piping hot, with jeera or plain rice, or sindhi pulao.
Recipe courtesy of Saroj Kering