• 400 g – Wheat flour
• 4 big mooli (radish)
• 10 to 12 tbsp – Ghee
• sufficient water to make dough
• 2 tbsp – finely chopped Coriander leaves
• 2 to 3 Green chillies
• 1.5 tsp – Cumin seeds
• 2 tsp – chilli powder
• salt to taste
- Make a semi soft dough by mixing wheat flour, some salt and sufficient water.
- Cover and keep aside for 20-30 minutes.
- Grate the mooli. Smear salt to taste.
- Keep aside for about 20 minutes.
- Squeeze out the water completely.
- Add finely chopped coriander leaves, green chillies, cumin seeds and red chilli powder.
- Mix well. Divide the dough into equal portions.
- Roll out a peda into a small chapatti. Apply ghee on it.
- Place about 1 to 1% tbsp of the grated mooli mixture in the center of the chapatti.
- Gather the outer edges.
- Dip into flour and lightly roll it out into a slightly thick paratha.
- Roast on a pre-heated tava on a medium flame till both sides are golden, applying ghee (app. 1 tsp) when turning the sides.
Recipe courtesy of Anita Raheja