A stuffed Paratha with spicy raddish stuffing
3 cups whole meal (wheat) flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
Water for kneading
1 1/2 cup finely grated radish
1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
2 chopped green chilies
1 teaspoon ajwain (carom seeds)
1/4 teaspoon garam masala powder
Red chilli powder to taste
Salt to taste
Ghee (clarified butter) for applying
1. For the dough, sieve flour and salt together. Add little water at a time and knead into a medium soft dough.
2. For filling, prepare a mixture of the remaining ingredients together and keep aside.
3. Divide the dough into small balls of equal portions. Roll each ball into a shape of small round roti (puri) and spread the radish mixture in the middle.
4. Now seal the edges nicely (closing in forming a pouch). Apply a little dry flour and roll it into a round full-sized paratha.
5. Now place the paratha on greased tava (griddle).
6. Greasing both sides with ghee, cook until both sides turn golden brown and paratha is cooked.