• For parata:
• 3 cups – atta
• For stuffing:
• 2 – mooli, finely grated
• 3 – green chillies, finely chopped
• Coriander leaves, finely chopped
• Coriander powder – 1 tsp
• Jeera powder – 1 tsp
• Red Chilli powder – to taste
• Salt to taste
- Mix all the ingredients for the parata with some water and make a slightly tough dough.
- Mix all the ingredients for the stuffing and keep aside.
- Take a small ball of dough, roll it out a little, place some stuffing in it, cover well and roll out into a parata.
- Be careful the parata doesn’t tear while you roll.
- Cook the parata with oil or ghee on a hot tava.
- Serve hot with onion raita.
Recipe courtesy of Subhashini Madhavan