• For Parotta
• Atta – 1 cup
• Oil – 2 tbsp
• Salt – 1/4 tsp
• For Stuffing
• Mulli (radish) – 1, finely grated
• Green chillies – 2 -4 finely chopped
• Coriander leaves – a few, finely chopped
• Coriander powder – 1 tsp
• Jeera powder – 1 tsp
• Red Chilli powder – 1 tsp
• Salt to taste
- Knead the atta. Make sure the dough is a little tough.
- Grate the radish and squeeze to remove the excess water from it.
- Mix the grated radish, green chillies, coriander leaves, coriander powder, jeera powder, red chilli powder, salt to taste and keep it aside.
- Take a ball of dough and roll it out into half a paratha.
- Place the mixture in the centres, close it and then roll out the stuffed parotta fully.
- Heat the tawa, cook the parotta on a slow fire with oil or ghee until golden brown.
Recipe courtesy of Subhashini Madhavan