• 1 cup – green moong dal (washed and soaked for 3-4 hours)
• 1/4 cup – fine semolina
• 1/2 tsp – soda bicarbonate
• 3 Green chillies (finely chopped)
• 1 bunch Spring onions (finely chopped)
• salt to taste | oil to shallow fry
- Finely grind the dal. (Do not remove skins.)
- Keep the batter fairly thick, like dosa batter.
- Add all the other ingredients, except oil, and mix well.
- Heat 1 tbsp. oil, add to the batter and stir.
- Heat a dosa tawa (griddle), pour a ladleful of batter in the centre.
- Spread the batter in a circular motion to form a thin pancake.
- Drizzle a little oil when the bottom is golden, flip carefully.
- When done, serve hot with green chutney and sauce.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi