• 3 cups – moong dal
• 3 green chillies, finely chopped
• 1 tsp – Pomegranate seeds (crushed)
• 1.5 cup Coriander leaves
• 1.5 tsp – Turmeric powder
• 3 cups – Wheat flour
• Oil as needed
• 1.5 piece Ginger
• 1.5 tsp – each coriander powder and chilli powder
• Salt to taste
- Add half tsp of turmeric and chilli powder and 1 tbsp oil to the wheat flour and make a soft dough.
- In a kadai, heat 1 tsp oil.
- Add the ginger, green chillies and turmeric powder, coriander and chilli powder. Add the dal and put about 1.5 cups of water and salt.
- Cover and cook till dal is separated and tender. Add small balls of wheat flour and flatten it.
- Put in one tbsp – cooked dal.
- Cover and form a ball and roll out like parathas.
- Cook on a tawa smearing it with oil frequently, till cooked and crisp.
- Serve with red chutney.