• 5-6 tsp moong dal
• 3-4 tsp Urad Dal
• 1 tsp oil
• 1/4 tsp black pepper
• 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
• 2 Red Chillies (or according to taste)
• 1/4 tsp Mustard Seeds
• 6-7 tsp shredded Coconut
• little Turmeric powder
• Curry leaves
• 1 ripe Tomato
• salt to taste
- Pressure cook moong dal with some water, turmeric powder and little oil.
- Add a tomato to this and cook. In a little oil fry hing, urad dal, black pepper, cumin seeds, red chillies for a while until the dal turns little brown in colour and add coconut at the end.
- Grind these ingredients along with the cooked tomato.
- In a pan, add little oil and mustard seeds. After the seeds pop, add the curry leaves.
- Add the cooked moong dal, the ground paste, salt to taste and bring it to boil. Mix them well. Serve with rice.
Recipe courtesy of Vasantha