• 500 gms – Moong dal paste
• 250 gms – Khoya
• 2 pinches Saffron
• 1 cup – dried fruits, finely cut
• 500 gms – Sugar
• 250 gms – Ghee
• 1 small Cardamom powder
• 250 gms – milk.
- Heat the ghee in a kadai and add the moong dal paste and cook on low heat.
- When it turns golden brown, add the milk. When the milk dries up, add the sugar and cook on slow fire.
- In another kadai, fry the dried fruits and add to the halwa.
- Mix the saffron in 1 tbsp. water and add to the halwa.
- When the ghee starts to leave the sides of the pan, remove from heat and add the dried fruits.