Moraiya Ni Idli is a very unique & different kind of idli recipe which is made without using rice. It is very delicious and yummy yet healthy form of recipe. Moraiya Ni Idli is made from the batter of parsai ke chawal which is spiced with green chillies and ginger paste and also the peanut powder is added in it for the nutty flavor and at last it is seasoned with rock salt. Generally, this idli is served with green chutney. So note down the steps of recipe to try out during the fasting.
– 1 cup parsai ke chawal
– 1 tablespoon chopped green chillies
– Some chopped fresh coriander leaves
– 1 teaspoon chopped ginger
– 2 tablespoons peanut powder
– Rock salt to taste
How To Cook?
1. In a medium bowl, place parsai ke chawal (Moraiya) and wash it in running water.
2. In a mixture jar, blend this parsai ke chawal along with chopped green chillies and ginger into the coarse paste.
3. Transfer it into the medium bowl and add peanut powder, rock salt to it. Mix well.
4. Now, heat sufficient water in a steamer.
5. Meanwhile, grease the idli moulds or tray with oil and fill these moulds with the batter.
6. Then place this idli tray into steamer and steam it for about 10-12 minutes.
7. Remove idli moulds from steamer and set aside for 2-3 minutes to cool.
8. After 2-3 minutes spoon out these idli from moulds.
9. Serve this idli with green chutney.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20-25 Minutes
Servings: 4 Persons