• Onions – 2
• Potato – 4 medium sized
• Butter Milk(more) – 2 cups (Curd churned into Buttermilk -take thick Curd (1 cup) and add little water – beat well, till it mixes. Don’t make it too watery!)
• Coconut – 1/2 cup(grated)
• Green chilli – 3 or 4
• Pottu kadalai(roasted gram) – 2 tbsp
• Cardamom – few
• Cloves – a few
• Ghee – 1tsp
• Oil – few tsp
- Cut onions lengthwise. Boil potatoes and cut them in the form of cubes.
- Fry cardamom in a little ghee and keep aside.
- Grind grated coconut, green chilli, pottu kadalai, fried cardamom and cloves all together.
- Add the ground mixture (the paste) to the more, mix well and keep aside.
- In the meanwhile, saute onions in little oil till it turns golden brown and add boiled potatoes to it. Mix well.
- Finally, add the buttermilk to the onion and potato mixture.
- Let this be on the flame for a few minutes, till it comes to boil. Make sure to keep the flame in sim.
- Remove from flame and serve hot.
Recipe courtesy of Srikala Sundaresan