• 900 g – icing Sugar
• 1 tsp – white cooking fat
• 1 tsp – gelatine or agar-agar crystals
• 1.5 tsp – water
• As desired – colour
- Sift icing sugar and pour 2/3rd into a bowl. Keep remaining aside.
- In a small pan, soak crystals in water, for an hour.
- Add fat and heat on low, stirring slowly, till liquid is transparent.
- Do not boil.
- Pour in sugar in the bowl and mix well.
- Knead in more icing as required, for mouldable consistency.
- Dust hands with corn flour, before moulding.
- Keep the kneaded icing in a zip lock plastic bag, till required.
- Prepare a few days ahead, at leisure, since moulding is a time consuming procedure.
Recipe courtesy of Saroj Kering