• 3/4 cup – Rice flour
• 1/4 cup – Corn starch
• 1 cup – water
• 7 cups – Milk
• 1 cup – Sugar (or to taste)
• 1/2 cup – rose water or Orange flower water (optional)
• 1/2 cup – pistachios, chopped
- Mix the milk and sugar in a large saucepan and heating slowly, so as not to burn the milk, bring to a simmer.
- Make a slurry by dissolving the rice flour and cornstarch in the water and, stirring constantly, slowly add this mixture to the simmering milk.
- Simmer gently for 30 to 40 minutes, stirring frequently, until the mixture has thickened sufficiently to coat a spoon. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the rose water or orange flower water.
- Pour into a 9 x 13 inch baking pan and refrigerate until chilled and set.
- Cut into pieces about 4 inches square.
- Place the squares on individual dessert plates and garnish with the chopped pistachios.
- Recipe Courtesy: Taste of Pearl City
Recipe courtesy of Ayeesha Riaz