Murg Awadhi Korma is very famous chicken dish from the Awadh region of the Lucknow city. Awadhi food is full of lots of spices and herbs. The richness of Awadh Cuisine lies in the various ingredient used to cook the food like chicken, paneer, Awadhi spices, mutton, saffron and more. Murg Awadhi korma is much known and you can make it in just 30 minutes.
This creamy dish is made with chicken, spices andamp; herbs and cooked in a gravy of onion with added some curd and cream. Let’s see how you can make the Awadhi style murg korma at home.
– 1 tablespoon ghee
– 5 green cardamom
– 4-5 cloves
– 2 black cardamom
– 1 long cinnamon stick
– 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped ginger
– 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped garlic
– 1 teaspoon red chili powder
– 1 teaspoon coriander powder
– 1 1/2 teaspoons kasoori methi
– 1 1/2 teaspoons garam masala
– 1 cup brown onion paste
– 1/2 cup cashew nut paste
– 300 gm chicken
– Salt to taste
– 250 ml chicken stock
– 1 small bowl curd
– 1 small bowl cream
– Coriander leaves
How To Cook?
1. Heat ghee in a pan and add green cardamom, cloves, black cardamom and cinnamon in it and saut? it properly. This will take 30-40 seconds.
2. Then add some ginger and garlic and saut? it, once their raw fragrance gone and cooked, add red chili powder, coriander powder, kasuri methi, garam masala and brown onion paste, cashew nut paste. Give it a mix and let it cook for some time.
3. After a minute add chicken pieces, salt and chicken stock in it and cover it with a lid and cook it for 10-15 minutes.
4. Finally, add some curd and cream to the chicken mixture and transfer this to the serving bowl.
5. Garnish this with almonds and coriander leaves and serve hot murg Awadhi korma with chapatti.
Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
Cooking Time: 25-30 Minutes
Servings: 3-4 Persons