• 2 litres – puffed Rice (murmure)
• 2 tbsp – Peanuts
• 3 to 4 Clove – garlic, crushed
• 1/2 tsp – each mustard and Cumin seeds
• 1/2 tsp – Turmeric
• 1 tsp – Sugar
• 2 stalks – Curry leaves
• 2 tbsp – oil
• Red Chilli powder to taste
• salt to taste
- Heat oil in a large frying pan. Add peanuts, deep fry them until done drain and keep aside.
- In the same oil, add cumin and mustard seeds let them splutter.
- Now add curry leaves, put crushed garlic fry until golden brown. Don’t over fry garlic.
- Now put chilli powder, turmeric powder, asafoetida and sugar mix it well.
- Now put fried peanuts and murmure and mix it well.
- Let it cool down.
- Taste it before storing it in a airtight box.
- Put more salt and chilli powder if needed.
- Now it is ready to store.
Recipe courtesy of Namita Nooli