• 1/2 kg – Mushrooms, halved
• 3/4 cup – Corn flour
• 1tsp – Rice flour
• 2 tsp – gram flour
• tsp – chilli powder
• A pinch – colour
• Salt as per taste
• 6″ piece – ginger, chopped finely
• 1 tsp – Ginger paste
• 1 bulb – garlic, chopped finely
• 1 tsp – Garlic paste
• 10 – green chillies, chopped finely
• 1/2 cup – Tomato sauce
• 2 tsp – soya sauce
• 1tsp – white Vinegar
• Salt for taste
• Finely chopped coriander
• Oil to fry
- Mix the corn, rice and gram flours, with chilli powder, colour, salt and a little water to make a thick batter.
- Heat oil in a heavy pan.
- Dip the mushrooms in the thick batter, deep fry them and keep aside.
- Place the fried mushrooms in the frying pan, and fry them for a couple of minutes and strain.
- Fry the ginger and garlic paste for a few seconds, then add chopped ginger, garlic and chillies and fry in medium flame till the raw smell goes. Do not brown them.
- Now add all the sauces and salt together, and heat it just for a second.
- Remove from the flame and add the fried mushrooms to it and garnish it with coriander.
- Serve hot.
Recipe courtesy of Ganashree