• 1/2 kg Mushroom
• 1 tsp salt
• 1 tsp Red Chilli powder
- Cut, wash and clean the mushrooms. Marinate the mushrooms with the salt for 45 minutes. Sprinkle red chillies on the mushrooms.
- Put the salted mushrooms in a pan.
- Put the pan on low flame.
- When the water stars oozing from the mushrooms, increase the heat.
- After 5 minutes, put enough vinegar to cover the mushrooms.
- Let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the fire and let the mushrooms in the vinegar cool down.
- Drain the mushrooms and put in air-tight jar.
- Boil the vinegar again and then pour on mushrooms in the jar.
- Let it cool.
- Cover with lid.
- Store in cool place.
- Use the pickle after 2 weeks.
Recipe courtesy of Meera Soni