• 1 loaf – bread (white/rye)
• 1 pack – mushrooms, chopped
• 1 – onion, big, chopped
• 4 or 5 – green chillies, minced
• 1 tsp – Cumin seeds
• Salt to taste
• Turmeric powder – a pinch
• Oil to saute
- Heat oil in a pan, add the cumin seeds, chillies and the onions. Fry the onions till they are translucent.
- Then add the mushrooms, salt and turmeric, and keep frying till the mushrooms are cooked.
- Meanwhile, take water in a shallow plate and dip each bread slice and remove quickly, taking care that the bread slices don’t get too soggy.
- Squeeze out the water and arrange the bread slices on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Spoon out the filling on each of the slices and roll each slice, sealing the ends with water.
- Bake the slices in a 350 F oven for about 10 minutes or till the bread slices turn golden brown.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup.
Recipe courtesy of Kamakshi