• 1 – medium muskmelon
• 3/4 cup – sugar, powdered
• 1/2 packet – china grass
• 1/2 cup – water
- Peel, deseed and blend muskmelon in an electric mixie.
- Grind to a pulp and stir in sugar, till dissolved. Keep aside.
- Crush china grass and dissolve in water. Keep aside to soak.
- Gently heat china grass over low heat, stirring continuously and slowly.
- When fully dissolved and transparent, take off fire.
- Strain if required and add to the muskmelon pulp.
- Stir continuously, till well mixed.
- Freeze in ice cream trays, till almost set, but not hard.
- Stir the mixture 2-3 times in between. Freeze and allow to set fully.
- Put a swirl of whipped, sweetened cream on top of individual serving, if desired.
Recipe courtesy of Saroj Kering