• 1/2 cup – Urad Dal
• 1/2 cup Whole Ulundu
• 1/2 tsp – Black Pepper
• 1 tbsp – Coconut Bits
• Curry leaves – A Few
• Salt As Needed
• Oil To Deep Fry
- Wash and soak the urad dal for an hour.
- Grind the dal in a mixer smoothly by adding little water to it.
- Add the coconut bits and whole pepper.
- Add salt, curry leaves and mix well. Batter is ready to make bondas.
- Heat oil in a wide pan for deep frying.
- Grease your hand with water and take out a small ball sized batter and make a small round and drop it in the hot oil. Keep the flame on medium.
- When it becomes golden brown on both sides, take out and drain it on a kitchen towel.
- Serve this hot with coconut chutney.
- Recipe courtesy: Jeyashri’s Kitchen