• 500 gms – Maida
• 1/2 lb – Butter or margarine or Ghee
• 1/2 lb – fine Sugar
• 1 tsp – baking powder
• A little Vanilla Essence or Elaichi powder
- Cream the butter with either a wooden spoon or fingers for a long time, in a circular motion, till it becomes light and frothy.
- Add sugar after that, a handful at a time, and go on creaming till the sugar has melted.
- When all the sugar is properly mixed with the butter, add the flour a tsp at a time till all is mixed.
- Form balls, press and place it on a baking tray an inch distance apart.
- Bake for approx. 12 minutes in the oven under 350 degrees F (keep checking to see that it doesn’t burn).
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi