• 2 cups – rice, washed and soaked for 3-4 hours
• salt to taste
• oil to shallow fry
- Grind soaked rice to a fine paste.
- Add salt, enough water to make a thin batter.
- Keep aside for 2 hours.
- Heat a dosa griddle, pour 1 ladleful of mixture in centre.
- Spread to make a round flat pancake shape.
- Or tilt griddle in all directions to allow batter to spread thinly.
- When done flip over, drizzle a little oil, cook 1 minute.
- Fold in half and then quarter.
- Serve hot with coconut or green chutney.
Recipe courtesy of Saroj Kering