• 1 cup -raw Rice flour
• 1.5 cup – water
• 1/2 tsp – Ghee – oil
• 1/2 tsp – salt
• 2 tsp – extra oil to grease idiyappam machine and bamboo mould
• 1/4 cup – grated Coconut ( optional )
- In a deep bowl, boil water with salt and ghee – oil.
- When the water starts boiling, lower the heat, add sieved rice flour and mix well until combined with water.
- Use a thick spoon to mix rice flour.
- Keep aside to cool for 10 minutes and knead to a soft dough.
- Divide it into lemon-sized balls.
- Lightly grease the idiyappam mould with 1 tsp oil and put 2 lemon-sized portions of the rice dough.
- Press- extrude out the dough (resembling the noodles) – while moving the mould in a small circle to form a small amount of noodles – onto each of the greased bamboo mould – idiyappam stand – idli steamer and sprinkle grated coconut (optional).
- Steam for about 10 – 12 minutes.
- Serve with stew – korma or chicken curry.
- Recipe Courtesy: Niya’s World
Recipe courtesy of Niya