• 1 cup (200 gms) – boiled Rice (puzhukkalari – ukkada chawal)
• 1 – egg, beaten well
• 1/2 tsp – salt
• 75 – 100 ml – water (1/2 a cup)
- Wash and clean rice. Soak in 2 cups for 5 hours.
- Drain out water and make a paste in a mixer.
- Add 2 – 3 tbsp water when making batter.
- Finally, add beaten egg and grind again.
- Transfer the batter to another bowl – vessel and add salt to taste.
- No need to keep this batter for fermentation. We can prepare it immediately.
- Add enough water (75 – 100 ml – 1/2 cup) to obtain batter of pouring consistency (thinner than dosa batter).
- Heat a non-stick dosa tawa on a medium heat.
- Smear with little oil. Pour 1 1/2 ladleful of the batter into it. Spread evenly.
- Close with a lid.
- Allow to cook for about 30 – 40 seconds and remove carefully with a flat spatula.
- Fold and serve hot with chutney or any gravy dishes. Consume immediately.
- Recipe Courtesy: Niya’s World
Recipe courtesy of Niya