• 2 cups – Channa dal
• 1/2 cup – rolled oats (dry roasted)
• 1 – Onion (big and chopped)
• 2 – Green chillies (chopped)
• 1 tsp – Ginger (grated)
• A few Curry leaves
• 1 tsp – Fennel seeds
• Oil for Deep Frying
- Soak the channa dal for at least two hours.
- Drain the water and grind them as a coarse paste without water. If it is too hard to grind, just sprinkle some water.
- Before removing the channa dal paste, add the dry roasted rolled oats and fennel seeds and grind it.
- Add the chopped onions, chopped green chillies, grated ginger pieces, curry leaves and salt. Mix everything well.
- Meanwhile heat the oil for Deep Frying. Take a small ball from the channa dal-oats mixture, flatten them in your palms and gently put them in hot oil.
- Fry them until they get well cooked. Strain the excess of oil with a paper towel.
- Serve hot with spicy coconut chutney.
- Recipe courtesy: Priya Easy N Tasty Recipe
Recipe courtesy of Priya