• (Yields 11 tikkis) 1/2 cup + 1/4 cup quick cooking oats
• 1/3 cup yellow moong dal
• 1 Onion
• 1 Carrot
• 1/4 tsp Garam Masala
• 1/4 tsp Red Chilli powder 3-4 tblsp oil
• 2-3 tblsp Milk
• Salt to taste
- “Dry roast the 1/2 cup of Oats in a pan for 5 minutes, without getting burnt.When it is cool make it into a fine powder.
- Cook the yellow moong dal till it becomes soft. No need to pressure cook. If you soak it for 10 minutes in water and cook in open flame it will be done in 10 minutes.
- Drain the excess water and allow this to cool.
- Grind the moong dal coarsely without adding any water.
- Put this in a wide bowl and add the oats powder, finely chopped onion, grated carrot,coriander leaves, red chilli powder, garam masala and salt.
- Combine this nicely and make it into small tikkis.
- Dip this in milk and roll in the dry oats (1/4 cup which is mentioned in the ingredient list). Coarsely grind this before using.
- Place this on a tawa and cook by adding little oil on both sides till it becomes golden brown.
- You can deep fry if you feel like it.
- Serve it hot with green chutney.
- While grinding the moong dal ensure that it does not have water in it.
- Instead of moong dal you can add boiled potato too.
- Finely chopped capsicum, cabbage, corn kernels can be added to the tikkis.
- I used the rolled oats, you can use the quick cooking oats too.
Recipe courtesy: Jaisruchi“
Recipe courtesy of Jeyashri S