- Cut the okras into circular small pieces.
- Heat 2 tsp of oil in a kadai and fry the okra pieces with enough salt until they are well cooked. Keep aside.
- Heat enough oil in a large pan or Wok.
- Add the mustard and urad dal and let them sputter.
- Add the dry red chillies and cashewnut pieces too and fry everything together.
- Chop the onions finely and add them.
- And stir them continuously until they turns translucent.
- Add the slit opened green chillies, grated ginger and finely chopped garlic pieces to the translucent onions.
- Cook them with all spice powders (garam masala powder, pepper powder, cumin seed powder) and close the pan with a lid and cook on simmer.
- Once they get cooked well, add the curry leaves and already cooked okra pieces to the masalas.
- Let them cook again for a few minutes.
- Check for salt and for spices.
- Add the cooked Basmati rice to the vegetables and toss them gently until they get well mixed.
- Serve them hot.
- Recipe courtesy: Priya Easy N Tasty Recipe
Recipe courtesy of Priya