• 2 or 3 – Onions, cut into roundels
• 1 tsp – Cumin seeds
• A pinch – Ajwain/Carom seeds
• 1/4 tsp – Turmeric powder
• 1/2 tsp – Red chili powder
• A pinch – Hing/Asafoetida
• 1 cup – Besan/Chickpea flour
• Salt to taste
• Water as required for batter
• Oil for Deep Frying
- In a bowl mix all ingredients except onion, water and oil.
- Now add water little by little to make a lump-free batter of dropping consistency.
- In a deep bottom pan heat oil.
- Dip the onion roundels in the batter prepared and drop into hot oil and Deep Fried till golden brown.
- Remove them to a kitchen towel to remove excess oil.
- Enjoy this crunchy snack with ketchup.