• Chicken – 500 g
• Cashew nuts – 50 g
• onions, cut into small cubes – 4 to 5
• Ginger & Garlic paste – 1 tsp
• chilli powder – 1.5 tsp
• Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
• Garam Masala powder – 1 tsp
• cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
• coriander powder – 1 tsp
• oil – 4 to 5 tbsp
• green chillies, slit into long pieces – 4
• few sprigs of coriander leaves, chopped
• salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan and fry half of the chopped onions until golden brown.
- Also add ginger-garlic paste, chilli powder, turmeric, coriander powder and salt. Fry for one more minute.
- To this, add chicken pieces. Stir until the pieces are coated well with the onions mixture.
- Cook until the chicken pieces are tender. Add water if necessary.
- Heat oil in another pan and fry the remaining onion cubes, slit green chillies, cashews for few minutes.
- Now add the above cooked chicken and stir well.
- Sprinkle cumin powder, garam masala powder, chopped coriander leaves, stir and remove from heat.
- Serve hot with plain rice or naan.
Recipe courtesy of Aadesh Punj