• 2 – Onions
• 1/4 tsp – Mustard Seeds
• 1/4 tsp – urad dhal
• A pinch of Turmeric
• 3 or 4 – Curry leaves
• 1/2 tsp – chilli powder
• 1 tsp – Wheat flour
• 2 tsp – oil
• Salt, as required
- Cut the onions into vertical slices.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds. When they splutter, add urad dhal and curry leaves.
- Add onions and fry until they become slight brownish in colour. To this, add salt and red chilli powder.
- Add just enough water to cover the onions. Leave it to cook until most of the water has evaporated.
- Take wheat flour and make it to paste by adding water. Add this to the curry and stir it well. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve curry with rotis or rice.
Recipe courtesy of Srilatha