• 2-3 long Paduval- chopped into squares
• 1 Onion- chopped
• 2-3 – Green chillies
• 1/2 cup of Chutney Dal – coarsely ground (or Peanuts if you wish)
• 6-7- Curry leaves
• 1 tsp- Haldi
• 1 tsp- Chilli Powder
• 1 tsp- Coriander Powder
• Mustard and Jeera
• 2 tbsp – Oil
• Salt to taste and Coriander leaves for garnish
- In a kadai, heat oil. After it heats, add mustard and jeera seeds. After they crackle, add hing and onion. Fry for some time.
- Add chopped green chillies. Then add the paduval, haldi, the chilli and coriander powders.
- Mix well, add 1/2 cup water and let it cook.
- After they cool and are soft and the water is completely absorbed, add salt.
- Finally add the chutney dal or peanuts and mix for 2 minutes.
- Remove and garnish with coriander leaves.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi