• Palak – 2 bunches
• Onions, medium sized – 2
• Coriander seeds – 1 tsp
• Green chillies – 3
• Tamarind – A small ball
• Jaggery – A large pinch
• Asafoetida – 1/4 tsp
• Salt – According to taste
• Oil for frying
- Clean, wash and cut palak finely.
- Cut onions into small pieces.
- Slit the green chillies.
- Soak the tamarind in two tsps of water, along with the jaggery.
- Fry onions well in oil.
- Separately fry dhania seeds till it emits an aroma. Add hing and then the green chillies.
- Separately lightly fry the palak till it is soft.
- Grind the dhania seeds, green chillies with tamarind and jaggery first.
- Then add palak to it and 3/4 of the fried onion and grind briefly.
- Remove from mixie and add the rest of the onions.
- Mix well.
Recipe courtesy of Sheila