• 500 g- Mutton
• 5 or 6 bunches – spinach, chopped fine
• 2 tsp – ginger-garlic paste
• 2 – medium Tomatoes
• 1 tsp – coriander powder
• 1 tsp – Red Chilli powder
• 2 – onions, chopped fine
• 1 tsp – ginger, grated
• Few black pepper Corns
• 4 tbsp – oil
• Salt – to taste
• 1 tbsp – coriander, chopped fine
- Add 2-3 tsp of oil in a pressure pan and heat.
- Add grated ginger, black pepper corns, a small part of chopped onions to the oil. Fry the onions for a few seconds.
- Wash meat cleanly and add to the pan. Stir for a minute.
- Add a little salt and enough water.
- Close the pressure pan and allow the meat to cook till soft.
- Once meat is cooked, strain out the water and keep aside as stock.
- In another pan, heat the remaining oil.
- Add the remaining chopped onions and fry till light brown.
- Add salt, coriander powder, chilli powder, ginger-garlic paste and chopped coriander.
- Fry this mix thoroughly till oil leaves the sides of the pan.
- Add tomatoes and spinach and a little of the meat-stock.
- Cook till tomatoes and spinach are done and the water has dried up. If necessary, add more of the stock to get a gravy.
- Add the cooked meat to this mixture and stir fry till oil leaves the sides of the pan.
- Simmer for a while and garnish with chopped coriander.
- Serve hot with plain rice.
Recipe courtesy of Nuzhath Shereen